Menu

Forums - General Chat

Announcement: The times they are a changin'

•  MazzMazz
    • Jack says:
      I think I'm going to approach this Thin Lizzy as a bit of a starters guide to the albums

Get drunk and a little high...put one of the cds on and then just start typing.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Don't overlook Thunder and Lightning. Very underrated record....
    •  OllieOllie
    • sabbathfan says:
      Don't overlook Thunder and Lightning. Very underrated record....

Very true. That was the first album I got by them and I still listen to it to this day. The title track and Cold Sweat are killer tunes.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      sabbathfan says:

Very true. That was the first album I got by them and I still listen to it to this day. The title track and Cold Sweat are killer tunes.

Good album but I'm not keen on JohnSykes
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • basstard says:
      Ollie says:
      sabbathfan says:

Good album but I'm not keen on JohnSykes

Cold Sweat is one of my all-time favourite riffs. It's got more balls than Hulk Hogan at soccer practise.
      [Edited by pull-my-plonker at 10:31 on 17/06/12]
    •  JackJack
    • It's only the albums included in the box set I can review:

Bad Reputation
      Black Rose
      Fighting
      Johnny The Fox
      Nightlife
      Jailbreak
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      It's only the albums included in the box set I can review:

Bad Reputation
      Black Rose
      Fighting
      Johnny The Fox
      Nightlife
      Jailbreak

Bad Reputation...mostly done as a 3 piece after Brian Roberston got sacked. Pretty solid album with some killer tracks like the title track and Dancing in the Moonlight

Black Rose...awesome album with Gary Moore on guitar. Pretty heavy for the most part apart from Sarah. Roisin Dubh is a celtic rock classic and also has Waiting For An Alibi

Fighting...Not bad, has Rosalie on it and Suicide but has a fair bit of filler. Slightly weak sound as well, they would get heavier

Johnny The Fox...I really rate this album, it came after Jailbreak and had a harder sound in general.

Nightlife...A bit like Fighting. Not a bad album but suffers from a slightly weak sound and some filler tunes. Has an early version of Still In Love With You but not a patch on the Live And Dangerous version. On this and Fighting they were still finding their feet as a proper hard rock band with twin guitars after being a 3 piece with Eric Bell and doing 3 albums of fairly confused but interesting stuff.

As you may gather, I am a massive Thin Lizzy fan!!!!

•  JackJack
    • Ollie says:
      Jack says:

Bad Reputation
      Black Rose
      Fighting
      Johnny The Fox
      Nightlife
      Jailbreak

Bad Reputation...mostly done as a 3 piece after Brian Roberston got sacked. Pretty solid album with some killer tracks like the title track and Dancing in the Moonlight

Black Rose...awesome album with Gary Moore on guitar. Pretty heavy for the most part apart from Sarah. Roisin Dubh is a celtic rock classic and also has Waiting For An Alibi

Fighting...Not bad, has Rosalie on it and Suicide but has a fair bit of filler. Slightly weak sound as well, they would get heavier

Johnny The Fox...I really rate this album, it came after Jailbreak and had a harder sound in general.

Nightlife...A bit like Fighting. Not a bad album but suffers from a slightly weak sound and some filler tunes. Has an early version of Still In Love With You but not a patch on the Live And Dangerous version. On this and Fighting they were still finding their feet as a proper hard rock band with twin guitars after being a 3 piece with Eric Bell and doing 3 albums of fairly confused but interesting stuff.

:) I might add and Ollie Stygal from Grifter comments section, good stuff
    •  OllieOllie
    • Jack says:
      Ollie says:
      Jack says:

Bad Reputation
      Black Rose
      Fighting
      Johnny The Fox
      Nightlife
      Jailbreak

:) I might add and Ollie Stygal from Grifter comments section, good stuff

Haha..."Ollie says..."

All This Lizzy albums are worth a look, even the Snowy White years as they all have some killer songs on them. The early ones with Eric Bell don't really rock but are pretty interesting. The only one I wouldn't really bother with is "One Night Only" a live one from 2000 with John Sykes singing. He does a passable job but when there are live albums with Lynott on it seems a bit pointless...and his guitar squeals become a bit irritating!!! The new line-up does a good job but I'm sceptical of them doing new material. Playing the old songs is one thing but at least Lynott wrote them!!!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Jailbreak is one of the best albums ever. SIimply unbeatable for hard rocking.
    •  mikemike
    • I'm a big fan of Johnny The Fox, feels like a continuation of some of the songs they released previously and sounds great.
    •  OllieOllie
    • mike says:
      I'm a big fan of Johnny The Fox, feels like a continuation of some of the songs they released previously and sounds great.

Definitely one of my favourites and hugely underrated.
    •  mikemike
    • Apologies to everyone for lack of regular content over the last few weeks, suffered a computer breakage so back in business properly from next week.

Forums - General Chat - Announcement: The times they are a changin'