Menu

Forums - General Chat

Announcement: The times they are a changin'

•  BenBen
    • You shouldn't be getting asked for images, I'll have to take a look at that.
    •  mikemike
    • No they aren't but I've asked for live reviews to be submitted with images from now on, saves a blank review preview on the site and on facebook when we blurb them. I always ask after for an email.
    •  BenBen
    • Ahh, sorry, I missed that.
    •  seansean
    • I must say ,now i have found my way back to Ninehertz , i am as always impressed , Here is where the likes of my band are appreciated and understood , which is probably true for many of us , who dont run with the pack , Pete,Carey ,Ben,Amy,Mamba and Mike , what a great thing this is .The teamwork that keeps it running from strength to strength .
      :cool:
    •  mikemike
    • Cheers Sean, means a lot and means we know its all worthwhile, ta!
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I'm going to write a review of the Primordial show I saw recently but I'm still unclear on the whole live photo thing. I understand about emailing the photo to Mike but do I just get a random band shot off Google and attach it in an email?

Or do I need to make a flickr/photobucket account and upload it that way? I'm unsure of emailing a random image of the band as I'm not sure what the copyright issues would be....
    •  mikemike
    • We would need ones you've taken Sam.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Oh. I didn't take any of the band :( but I really want to submit this review to get it out of my system......

I promise to take a camera the next gig I go to............
    •  mikemike
    • That'd be sweet! I'll allow this one without this time, I'll find a stock pic of the band we can use.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Cheers, much appreciated :)

EDIT: Submitted the review now - another long one.....
      [Edited by sabbathfan at 13:52 on 17/05/12]
    •  mikemike
    • Big ask, we've been sent a tonne of reissues of Motorhead and Thin Lizzy albums (digitally) would someone like to tackle them and review them all?
    •  JackJack
    • I do love thin lizzy and I like a challenge, could it be done as some sort of feature type thing
    •  mikemike
    • As long as you could do most of it in the next two weeks, it's yours! PM me your email dude.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • Damn, I'd have loved to review the Lizzy albums.

EDIT: Having said that if they're the recent reissues then I wouldn't be overly bothered; a lot of the bonus tracks on them aren't overly interesting to me, though the BBC archive boxset of their stuff definitely is.
      [Edited by sabbathfan at 21:34 on 12/06/12]
    •  mikemike
    • Motorhead's yours if you want it Sam.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I'd consider it but would I have to download the relevant albums? If not then I don't think I can do it sadly as I don't think my home PC is up to the job.... I've got some other reviews lined up anyway.

EDIT: Don't think I can for now but thanks for the offer. I'll send in reviews of a couple of albums in a while, probably a Download review as well at some point.
      [Edited by sabbathfan at 21:46 on 12/06/12]
    •  mikemike
    • I have download links for both bands!
    •  JackJack
    • mike says:
      As long as you could do most of it in the next two weeks, it's yours! PM me your email dude.

PM'd
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I'm happy to do the Motorhead stuff although I've got a bit of a reviewing backlog to work through....
    •  JackJack
    • I think I'm going to approach this Thin Lizzy as a bit of a starters guide to the albums

Forums - General Chat - Announcement: The times they are a changin'