Menu

Forums - General Chat

2012 Six Nations Thread

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • it was pretty dramatic, but i think he got it down. I got a bit confused as the video ref seemed to be looking at the wrong series of movements, but agree that the video of the key movement was inconclusive so no try.

such a fantastic performance from farrell and barritt and twiggy kept wales' midfield giants pinned back. strettle's been playing like he has a point to prove - ashton needs reminding that he needs to earn his place as he has had a pretty shabby few games. parling looks strong in the line out and botha has been playing tremendously well. shame he's one of the older dudes.

corbs soaked up adam jones which is difficult difficult, lemon difficult and the workrate of 6, 7 and 8 was great.

what wasn't great was youngs and stevens. youngs is a joke and HAS absolutely got to go. stevens' stupid gamesmanship just haemorrages penalties and for that reason, lancaster needs to make a few switcheroos with the saxons boys. lawes' injury seems to have diminished the explosiveness that made him stand out before and is now a bit of a donkey. will struggle unless he pulls his finger out.

if i was welsh, i would be happy to take the win as it was a cruncher and was evenly matched but for a gifted breakaway try (see youngs absolutely crippling his 3/4 line and lawes getting robbed by a centre). i think this was the first time wales had questions asked of them and had their game spoiled somewhat in this championship, especially losing priestland for 10 mins - so fair play to the valley boyos for coming away with the win.

scotland did a great job of scaring the crap out of france as well and that was a promising performance, so long as those supporting runner/scrum stability/occasional sloppiness niggles can be straightened out.

phew!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • I was delighted to see Courtney Lawes and Matt Stevens coming on. I knew that Lawes would lose the game for England, but expected it to come from a penalty rather than such an easy rip.

I feel so much for Andy Robinson. Scotland's players seem to conceptualize the game differently to the rest of the world. They just don't see the game the same way anybody else does, and their decision making is fucking awful because of it. Andy Robinson isn't there to teach them fundamental decision making!

Bonus round next weekend. Get in!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • lawes needs to get his act together seriously if he's a serious consideration. botha and parling are pairing up well and our lineouts are moving away from the 50/50, will they/won't they mess they have been.

you'll be missing jamie roberts against the italians. not that that will matter much.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Courtney Lawes out for rest of tournament with a shin injury.

I misread "shin" as "pride".
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • What a great end to the tournament!

Wales claimed a glorious victory, finally beating the boring one-dimensionality of France.

England came a more than commendable second and took apart a lacklustre Ireland.

And Scotland got humiliated. Humiliated baaaad.

Roll on next year!!!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • CHAMPIONE!

Forums - General Chat - 2012 Six Nations Thread