Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Supersonic Festival 2011

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I'm sure it will be a lot more fun.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Rejoice ye Denim Demons; Turbonegro confirmed to headline (first UK gig with Tony Sylvester on vox).
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I'm going to cock out with my rocks out!
    •  JackJack
    • I want to see Turbonegro
    • Jack says:
      I want to see Turbonegro

Come to SS Jack - you'll love it!!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • do they usually do day tickets?
      would like to see the 'negro
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Day tickets will be available nearer the date.
      The line-up of who's playing when is supposed to be announced during August but I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it as late as possible to encourage more people to get weekend tickets.
      Although I can't imagine many people liking everything on the bill, I've always had pleasant surprises seeing and enjoying bands I would never have normally seen or listened to.
    •  mambamamba
    • That doesn't sound like Supersonic's usual type of thing. It's got me half tempted though.
    •  OllieOllie
    • The big question is, will Turbonegro do any other dates?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Capsule have also just announced as a 'post-Supersonic party' they're putting on the Melvins (yay!) at the Institute on Nov 1st- that's a Tuesday (boo!).
    •  mikemike
    • Its a very varied festival, people need to stop tarring it with some sort of noise or weird fest, they have relatively normal bands alongside the wierd stuff, as opposed to one genre, which is why I only go to this.
    • mike says:
      Its a very varied festival, people need to stop tarring it with some sort of noise or weird fest, they have relatively normal bands alongside the wierd stuff, as opposed to one genre, which is why I only go to this.

Well put, and ditto to me. Only fest I've been to for the last 3 years.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I might come to this now.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I've just noticed Japan's monstrous ENVY are playing too. Hope I can make the whole weekend this year...

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Supersonic Festival 2011