Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Loud Howls II suggestions please

•  MazzMazz
    • Bad Admiral spoken word
    •  JackJack
    • Would certainly consider a larger venue, the Gaff is cool, I like the staff, the sound system and general vibe of the place. Downsides = the pillars on the stage, the heat, getting in and out, places to store gear, no backstage, not much facility for lights/projection, capacity. That doesn't mean I'm being negative, I really like the place just pointing out its flaws
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      Bad Admiral spoken word

i'll get cracking on some "think pieces".

•  OllieOllie
    • Most venues do have some kind of downside but at least at the Gaff it's in a decent enough location, helpful staff and Tony's a good guy, good backline equipment and a decent PA. The pillar is a pain in the ass and the heat is intense but it is a good size. You're right about storage, that is a bit of a pain...finding your gear to go on is a bit like trying to find your coats on a pile on a bed at a party!!!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Wishlist?

Gaza
      Cough
      Lesbian
      Conan

Any band I am in.
    •  JackJack
    • Ollie says:
      Most venues do have some kind of downside but at least at the Gaff it's in a decent enough location, helpful staff and Tony's a good guy, good backline equipment and a decent PA. The pillar is a pain in the ass and the heat is intense but it is a good size. You're right about storage, that is a bit of a pain...finding your gear to go on is a bit like trying to find your coats on a pile on a bed at a party!!!

Backline is a big plus, as trying to get that many bands to sort out gear is a nightmare, also if everyone did bring gear, there would be way too much stuff. If it was done in another venue backline would have to be hired
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Venue size may be dictated by the bands, or the other way round.

That reminds me of a joke: "I like to use popular phrases incorrectly, and vice-versa"

Church of Misery would be too big for the Gaff but with no big names the Scala could be too big.
    •  JackJack
    • Well a meeting is being arranged so that all of this stuff can be decided, really appreciate any input, also if any of you London types would like to join in the panel feel free, I know of few of you have offered before. Doesn't tie you into anything just ideas etc
    •  OllieOllie
    • I would be if I lived in London...phone/video conference?
    •  JackJack
    • WickedWesticle says:
      I could be up for it.

Yeah you've got some cool ideas Chris would be helpful. Going to try and meet somewhere that we can talk without too much noise behind.

Ollie, I can make notes and send them your way so that you can have input. Don't think we're up to video conference yet, unless somewhere has good wireless
    •  JackJack
    • bad admiral says:
      crotch rocket.

Lets hope so:cool:
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      crotch rocket.

i just hope augustus deluxe can make it...
    •  the chapthe chap
    • bad admiral says:
      fu manchu
      any of the spazzereth lot's new stuff (yotf/teoh?)

yes, we would like to play..
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      crotch rocket.

i just hope augustus deluxe can make it...

I AM it.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • gentlemans pistols
      taint
      humanfly
      groan
      trebuchet
      trippy wicked
      serpent venom
      stubb
      moloch
      dead in the woods
      koresh
      year of the flood
      the end of history
      tree of sores
      flatlands
      chickenhawk
    •  MazzMazz
    • Hopkins says:
      trebuchet

ha ha ha ha.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Mazz says:
      Hopkins says:
      trebuchet

ha ha ha ha.

How about if Groan play and we play punched in the nutz..i'll hold up a picture of Will, Dave and Dave while singing it.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Loud Howls II suggestions please