Menu

Forums - General Chat

Last day at work weekend...

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • working with wood, update
      i sourced some eggcarton-style foam to soundproof an enclosure in a woodworking machine. sounded like a jet fighter i tell you

bored now
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • stats update:

am currently trying to calculate the drivers of sales for Whiskas cat food over the last four years...

Meaty.
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • I am currently serving an apprenticeship to become a qualified fitter at one of the country's last surviving deep coal mines. Underground is 900 metres below surface level and inbye is 'hot, hot, HOTTER THAN HELL'. The machines are massive. There are enough risks every shift for serious injury or potentially death. Working at surface level can involve maintaining a methane plant that could blow Maltby off the face of the Earth, or swinging in a shaft with only a harness for safety.

I love my job and am the fourth generation of my family to work at Maltby Colliery. But I am a little sad that I was probably born too late to do it forever.
    •  MazzMazz
    • cotton hill says:
      I am currently serving an apprenticeship to become a qualified fitter at one of the country's last surviving deep coal mines. Underground is 900 metres below surface level and inbye is 'hot, hot, HOTTER THAN HELL'. The machines are massive. There are enough risks every shift for serious injury or potentially death. Working at surface level can involve maintaining a methane plant that could blow Maltby off the face of the Earth, or swinging in a shaft with only a harness for safety.

I love my job and am the fourth generation of my family to work at Maltby Colliery. But I am a little sad that I was probably born too late to do it forever.

And we have a winner for the most awesome job.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Mazz says:
      cotton hill says:
      I am currently serving an apprenticeship to become a qualified fitter at one of the country's last surviving deep coal mines. Underground is 900 metres below surface level and inbye is 'hot, hot, HOTTER THAN HELL'. The machines are massive. There are enough risks every shift for serious injury or potentially death. Working at surface level can involve maintaining a methane plant that could blow Maltby off the face of the Earth, or swinging in a shaft with only a harness for safety.

And we have a winner for the most awesome job.

Seconded.

Haha! "Shaft"!!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Court clerk. I supply my own methane.
    •  cotton hillcotton hill
    • pull-my-plonker says:

Haha! "Shaft"!!

There are guys who have the job title of shaftsmen.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i spend my working life mending society.

my other job will involve injecting pigment under the epidermis in pretty patterns and doing lots of drawing.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      i spend my working life mending society.

my other job will involve injecting pigment under the epidermis in pretty patterns and doing lots of drawing.

I would like for you to be my PA.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      i spend my working life mending society.

I would like for you to be my PA.

i would like to be your pa. i would be shit.

Forums - General Chat - Last day at work weekend...