Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

9hz forum alldayer - 08.08.09 - official thread

•  MORRELLMORRELL
    • That was a cracker.- Cheers to everyone for putting that on and especially jen and carey for letting us crank up the power ballards till the small hours.
      Cannot believe how fucking drunk i was when i played.
    •  CareyCarey
    • bad admiral says:
      quand le fuck did that happen?

I was wondering that. During Flatlands?

Absolute pleasure to have Koresh to stay, perfect house guests. And a brilliant day all round, thanks everyone!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • What a day! Just got back and washed the marker pen off me. Absolutely knackered.

Managed to get video footage of all of the bands throughout the day. Will bea slightly mammoth task piecing it all together, but one I'm looking forward to. Thanks to everyone that helped make it happen and that turned up and stayed as long as they could! Was a fun day, but a long one so no hard feelings to those who had to shoot off early!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Best bit of the day

That phone going off at the start of the EMG/Tim set
    •  alanalan
    • Was a great day, all seemed to go rather smoothly, and nice to meet lots of great people. Am a little worse for wear today.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • A brilliant day. All the bands were on form and the company was cracking. Once I got over my hangover from Friday night I was thoroughly into it.

I also enjoyed getting to have a proper chat with both Mazz and Alan.

And getting to put my head in a truly magnificent pair of breasts. Twice.

And the power ballads into the early hours were indeed special.

Koresh were lovely guests and are the only band we've ever had to stay who have actually tidied up after themselves in the morning. Stunning.

Thanks everyone from Ninehertz for being awesome and making it a pleasure to return to Sheffield, City of Steel.
    •  MazzMazz
    • ...I'm...sweating....brandy. Just off to a planning meeting in 15 mins and I feel nutz.

Lovely to meet you all. Thanks to Ben and Amy for letting us crash. Thanks to Mamba for doing all the driving.

•  GrymGrym
    • Cheers for having us on and cheers for anyone who stuck around to see us. I think we started just as tea break was scheduled on the running time listed on the door - ha ha. Blown away by tea break. Wicked. Apologies if we were a bit sloppy, I blame Mr Gaymers and Mr Stella, and apologies for chipping off early.
    •  JackJack
    • Was a sweet gig, I like Sheffield, you have well priced beer, function rooms from the 1970's that make good gig venues, girls with awesome boobs and chips with cheese sauce, all good.

Koresh were a treat, Low Sonic Drift were cool as were Mud generator and rest were cool, just have to remember what was what
    •  DonnyDonny
    • "goodbye girl with awesome boobs!"
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Donny says:
      "goodbye girl with awesome boobs!"

hah hah, who was that?

most drunkest person had to be the drummer? from beserkowitz
      made koresh look sober
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Hopkins says:

most drunkest person had to be the drummer? from beserkowitz
      made koresh look sober

He was apparently last seen on the bonnett of a moving van. The man is a legend.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Hopkins says:
      Donny says:

hah hah, who was that?

Sigh... that would have been me.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • MORRELL says:
      He was apparently last seen on the bonnett of a moving van. The man is a legend.

That is INSANE

Was great to see loads of folks, and to finally meet the legend that is Mazz. I was not disappointed
    •  MazzMazz
    • Hopkins says:
      MORRELL says:

That is INSANE

Was great to see loads of folks, and to finally meet the legend that is Mazz. I was not disappointed

He had the best drum face and was a lovely chap. Mamba awoke me with a fart during the night.
    •  mambamamba
    • I blame the Easy Rider.
    •  JackJack
    • Donny says:

It was a fitting goodbye, I believe her name was Lily
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Those boobs were amazing.
    •  PetePete
    • Thanks to all the bands for coming up, it was a brilliant day and it is much appreciated that you played.

Special thanks to those who let others use their gear and helped with sound.

And a big thank you to everyone who came - those who travelled from near and far.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - 9hz forum alldayer - 08.08.09 - official thread