Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

[Locked] Listen with July

•  OllieOllie
    • I'm flicking through Chinese Democracy on my ipod for the first time...certainly not worth a 17 year fucking wait...not even worth making it to the end of each track!!!
    •  GrymGrym
    • Uncle Slam - Will Work For Food

1993 cheesy crossover (do people still call it crossover, that thrash/hardcore punk thing, I'm so out of touch). Suprisingly decent.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Mazz says:
      Motown - The Ultimate Collection

Good call. Motown rules.

Big Business - Mind the Drift. More guitar, more singing, more epic = more great all round.
    •  seansean
    • clutch - strange cousins from the west

its a storming album ,i am really impressed ,i advise downloading the free track from their web site "metroliner special"
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'm going to this in August...WE MUST ALL GO!

Da Doo Ron Ron presents a Motown is 50! Birthday Special
      Club Night - 29 Aug 2009 - 23:00 (opens at 23:00)

at Komedia Bath

Nothing but Motown tunes (MO-tunes) from the swingin' 60s to the early 70s until 4am! Expect Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Marvelettes, Gladys Knight, Four Tops, Isley Brothers, Edwin Starr and more at this Motown celebration allnighter.

Presented by Da Doo Ron Ron, as heard on the Craig Charles Funk & Soul show. In association with The Story of the Supremes from the Mary Wilson Collection.

www.myspace.com/dadooronron60sgirlgroups

£5.00 -

•  alanalan
    • Lots of Mogwai on Spotify
    •  JackJack
    • Ahkmed- Distance. An aussie band that a load of you would love
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Alex Delivery- Star Destroyer

It has a big fuck off Unicorn on the cover- wizzzerrrrd!!!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • Cactus - Restrictions. One of the finest bands of the 70's
    •  RamoRamo
    • Solace - The Black Black
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Fucked Up- Hidden World.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • stevie wonder - songs in the key of life

unbelievable record.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command" - not played this for ages, forgot how good it is!
      Yawning Man - The Birth of Sol demos
    •  EggyEggy
    • Smockboy25 says:
      At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command" - not played this for ages, forgot how good it is!

Quarantined popped up in my car on the way from home yesterday - it's on random play atm. RoC is one of the best albums ever i think, not got into any other ATDI stuff, ok i only have one, but the one i have isn't patch on RoC i reckon.
    •  EggyEggy
    • The Bakerton Group 'El Rojo'

Contender for album of the year.

Fucking hell it's august now so the album of the year poll isn't that far away. Also time for a new thread!!
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Eggy says:
      Smockboy25 says:
      At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command" - not played this for ages, forgot how good it is!

Quarantined popped up in my car on the way from home yesterday - it's on random play atm. RoC is one of the best albums ever i think, not got into any other ATDI stuff, ok i only have one, but the one i have isn't patch on RoC i reckon.

It's a cracking album! Certainly blew off the cobwebs on the drive to work! ;)

To this day ATDI performing on Laters... With Jools Holland has got to be the best live on TV performance by any band I've ever seen! :cool:

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] Listen with July