Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?

•  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      I'm just rocking hard until some lady will take me in and make me sensible, till then rock'n'roll

I think Dave's gotten more un-sensible... he's got a bigger beard that's for sure!!
    •  OllieOllie
    • The deeper I get into my job and the more I get paid and the more kids I have and the more domesticated my wife gets the more I want to get out and fucking rock!!!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • I'm living it but then i've always been like that. But even I have times these days when i wanna do is watch cartoons in bed with the mrs. Its about finding what balance is best for you.

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • juggers is trying to leash me but SHE WILL FAIL.

•  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Your an animal and that's why we love you rich!
    •  the chapthe chap
    • Rob Himself says:

Rock music is for teenagers and students, whether we like it or not. Otherwise we'll all turn into our dads and my dad's 51 and listens to Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems.

oh behave! im 42 and still got the hunger!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • the chap says:
      Rob Himself says:

Rock music is for teenagers and students, whether we like it or not. Otherwise we'll all turn into our dads and my dad's 51 and listens to Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems.

You do like an afternoon nap though... be honest.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • the chap says:
      Rob Himself says:

You're the best exception to the rule I've ever met, Andy!
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Ollie says:
      The deeper I get into my job and the more I get paid and the more kids I have and the more domesticated my wife gets the more I want to get out and fucking rock!!!

Plus, Sarah's allowed you to get that leather waistcoat you're always moaning about!!! ;)
    •  OllieOllie
    • Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:
      The deeper I get into my job and the more I get paid and the more kids I have and the more domesticated my wife gets the more I want to get out and fucking rock!!!

Plus, Sarah's allowed you to get that leather waistcoat you're always moaning about!!! ;)

I still haven't got it yet!!! I think older people rock more...when I look at what teenagers pass off as music...it's a pile of lame assed turd. Look at a band like Roadsaw, half of them look the wrong side of 40 and they kick ass. I'm nearly 40 and I'm not planning to stop rocking any time soon.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:

I still haven't got it yet!!! I think older people rock more...when I look at what teenagers pass off as music...it's a pile of lame assed turd. Look at a band like Roadsaw, half of them look the wrong side of 40 and they kick ass. I'm nearly 40 and I'm not planning to stop rocking any time soon.

I'm stopping at 35. That's it...no more.

I'm then going to do some kind of History degree and get a job as a museum curator or summit.

•  JackJack
    • did you watch that middle earth thing last night, was pretty cool
    •  MazzMazz
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      did you watch that middle earth thing last night, was pretty cool

I recorded it. I went to see Church of Misery.

My life plan

18 – 35: Mess about in bands

35 – 39: Open University degree in History

39 – 69: Work at Exeter museum

70: Blow myself up at Stonehenge
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Mazz says:

When you hit 70 don't you dare go all Glen Benton on us and lame out.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      Jack Dickinson says:
      did you watch that middle earth thing last night, was pretty cool

I recorded it. I went to see Church of Misery.

My life plan

18 – 35: Mess about in bands

35 – 39: Open University degree in History

39 – 69: Work at Exeter museum

As one of our songs goes "It's all about the rock, all about the roll, I'll keep on doing both until they put me in a hole"

My body will give out on me before my desire to rock but I'll just be like John Lee Hooker and sit in a chair to do it when I'm old.
    • Ollie says:
      Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:

the bad seeds can still outrock anyone
    •  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:
      Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:

Exactly!!! I saw the Stones a couple of years ago and for a bunch of near pensioners they put just about any band I've ever seen to shame with theor energy...and they still sounded fresh after 40 plus years. AC/DC were also more awesome than any band of 20 somethings I've ever seen. No middle aged complacency for me, I'm angrier and more of a cunt than I ever was when I was younger.
    • Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:
      Catacomb Records says:
      Ollie says:

Exactly!!! I saw the Stones a couple of years ago and for a bunch of near pensioners they put just about any band I've ever seen to shame with theor energy...and they still sounded fresh after 40 plus years. AC/DC were also more awesome than any band of 20 somethings I've ever seen. No middle aged complacency for me, I'm angrier and more of a cunt than I ever was when I was younger.

lux interior was still representing until he sadly passed away, whitehouse are still pretty nuts, even with the afrobeat midlife crisis that pete bennett had. their fans are FUCKING HORRIBLE.

i'm all for old man rock. from my personal experience, overtard's about 104 and he still kicks my young arse every day. whip can still bring "it" despite what he says. mcgheezy's as much of a child now as when he was a child.

•  DonnyDonny
    • I fully intend to keep rocking until I stop getting a buzz from it.

I just can't find the time to rock AND be a worthwhile part of a scene. Not when I have my garden to tend to.
    • Donny says:
      Not when I have my lady garden to tend to.

i've seen the black thatch. it's so fucking beautiful.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?