Menu

Forums - General Chat

Computer games

•  mikemike
    • Which ones are you playing? Which ones are you looking forward to?

I'm catching up with games that came out about a year/6 months ago-

GTA IV
      Assassins Creed
      Kane and Lynch

Want to play Battlefield Bad Company, Metal Gear Solid 4, Bioshock, Oblivion and a few more.

Any recommendations? (apart from go outside)
    •  mambamamba
    • I got about half way through GTA IV and then got bored when I started failing missions and it was taking too long to redo them.

The only other game I've been playing a lot of is Beijing 2008. Great multiplayer button bashing fun.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I've been hammering Battlefield 2142 online on the PC
    •  mikemike
    • I downloaded a demo of that Bad Company game and it was ace, GTA IV is still loads of fun at the moment, I'm up to a point where I think I'm going to be given the choice of killing Playboy or Dwayne, don't want to kill either!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Oblivion (PC)
      Prince of Persia - 2 Thrones (X Box)

Looking forward to whatever's cheap and will run on my machine.
    •  mikemike
    • Theres a game called Heavenly Sword that looks exactly like Prince of Persia games thats just gone platinum for PS3, might get that.
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Lost Oddyssey right now, they use the voices of 'Phil & Lil' from the 'Rugrats.'
      Cool story, lot to read and watch at times.

Assassins Creed was great, bit repetative but fun.
      Bad Company i'd say avoid unlessyou plan to play online, SP mode was short and not exactly taxing.

Was looking forward to 'Too Human' but the control system is pants!!
      Gears of War2, CoD5 and Prince of Persia are all down for late releases this year that i'm interested in. Oh and Star Wars, though from the demo not enough 'blaster; action.
      Colonial Marines (as in Aliens, Sigourney Weaver) got not beacked to next year i believe.
      [Edited by rustyspoon at 18:09 on 27/08/08]
    •  Tom PTom P
    • GTA IV is a damn good game overall but the gameplay doesn't match up to how good the map is. I personally reckon that Rockstar should just make maps and leave the gameplay and story to someone with a bit more imgination in that department. Same missions essentially again and again, pretty lame fight system, shooting/cover system is lame, and the driving could be tweaked a bit. But still the total package is fucking amazing, probably deserving of a spot in the top 10 games ever, the map and sandbox programming is without a doubt the greatest achievement in videogames ever but the rest doesn't really live up to it.

The best 360 games imo are:

Bioshock (incredible)
      Orange Box (brilliant games, total bargain)
      Halo 3 (excellent multiplayer, rubbish everything else)
      Beautiful Katamari (insane ridiculous fun game, try the demo on Live)
      Mass Effect (for fans of Star Wars:KOTOR, brilliant game)
      Skate (best skate sim ever, played this one for ages)
      Fight Night (really fun competetive multiplayer game)

My friends also seem to really like Guitar Hero but I loathe it, especially when there's a few poeple present, it turns everyone into moths.

Also heard good things about that game Viking:Battle for Asgard, my mate Sean's been addicted to it for about a month now. And my workmates swear that the latest FIFA game is better than the latest Pro Evo games, make of that what you will.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Here's a thread I can get my teeth into. I'm the biggest gaming retard.

Currently playing:

Castle Crashers (xbox 360)
      Bionic Commando (PS3)
      Soul Caliber (PS3)

Looking forward to:

Little Big Planet (PS3)
      Fallout 3 (360)
    •  Kev Hit DrumKev Hit Drum
    • Ghost Squad
      Super Mario 64
      Streets Of Rage 2

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • I've never played any of the online role-playing games, but I think I might give Warhammer - Age Of Reckoning a bash when it comes out
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Kev Hit Drum says:
      Ghost Squad

Dude I thought I was the only person that liked that game :D Love it. I even bought a couple of gun controllers just to play it haha.

I've just started Mass Effect on the PC. Fucking brilliant thus far, I love RPG's like this.

I shall also be partaking in Warhammer online when it comes out.

I've been playing Bookworm adventures aswell. Nothing beats a bit of wordplay :D
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • I have been mainly playing Civ Rev on the 360, not as indepth as the PC one but still pretty addictive! Also been rocking some Rainbow 6 Vegas. Its really good playing the story in co-op mode with a few mates although frustrating when you die and have to watch them finish the level without you!

Mainly looking forward to Ghost busters which is due out later this year i hear, apparently it has alot of the original actors doing the voices which should be cool and is just a big sandbox style game where you get to go round hunting ghosts. Sweet.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • at mo:

guitar hero iii
      gta san andreas
      the getaway: black monday

although i don't play very often and am a bit shit.

looking forwards to:

getting massive telly this weekend to blow shit up on.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • Kev Hit Drum says:

Streets Of Rage 2

Broke my megadrive pads... :(

Skate was a dandy numpty though.
    •  mikemike
    • I stil have a mega drive, dreamcast and PS2 hanging round, anyone want them? I will sell them for next to nothing.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • We've got a Master System and a SNES in the house, if it weren't for the fact they never get used I'd be tempted to expand the retro collection with the Megadrive.

In other news, I'm very tempted by Mass Effect if it's KOTOR stylee, loved them games.
    •  mikemike
    • I watches Jays flatmate play it and it looked mega-awesome.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Do Wii games count?

I'm addicted to Mario Kart on it.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Big Si says:
      In other news, I'm very tempted by Mass Effect if it's KOTOR stylee, loved them games.

Not similar with the lightsaber battling etc but a somewhat similar fight system and an awesome galaxy-travelling system, and maps and journals like KOTOR. It's really an excellent game.

Forums - General Chat - Computer games