Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Site

•  BenBen
    • As the keen eyed amongst you may have noticed, we have now released the all new ninehertz site!

The site is still under development and we know there are things that still need doing, we'll be looking at these in the coming weeks.

Please let us know of any ideas you have or bugs you find by posting in this thread. For bugs, it would be helpful if you can tell us what browser you're using.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • To reiterate a point made elsewhere, I'd like to be able to have more threads and/or posts to a page. Ten is too few for my insatiable thirst for knowledge.
      This, and a lot of the pics in the articles and reviews seem to be missing at the mo.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • General Chat should be at the top, I nearly didn't find it cos I'm that lazy.
    •  PodgePodge
    • problem with PMs. its not telling me when i have a new one.
    •  PodgePodge
    • i cant find "sent items" in the PM area, without this i have no idea if i have replied to people and i don't know how badly i have abused them
    •  PodgePodge
    • when i reply to a thread, it marks it as unread, surely if i have replied to it and mine is the last post it proves i have read it.
    •  PodgePodge
    • every time i close my browser it asks me to log back in. this is very annoying as i cant just open it and see if anything has changed at a quick glance
      [Edited by Podge at 23:17 on 31/07/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • general text seems massive. i've done Ctrl and scrolled 2 clicks and it seems about right to me.
    •  PodgePodge
    • on some threads, like this one, when i click the title on the front page it takes me to the page with the last post.

on the Rotherham FC thread, it takes me to the page with the first post.

they need to be all the same, and preferably taken to the page with the last post
    •  PodgePodge
    • the search box only seems to search the main site, not the forum. a forum search would be good as it has a higher turnover of information
    •  PodgePodge
    • there is no "mark all forum's read" function
    •  PodgePodge
    • Carey & Amy have broken avatars
    •  PodgePodge
    • sent a PM to may self as a test...

my avatar box says i have 1 new message but my inbox doesn't show one and the Private Messages in my profile says i have no new PMs
    •  PodgePodge
    • i clicked last page link on the PM section and instead of taking me to the last page, its listed all my PMs all the way back to 17/01/05. i have deleted loads of these before but some how its kept them.

i've gone from about 11 PMs yesterday to every PM I've ever sent or received.

problem here is 3 fold.
      1, last should mean last not all
      2, many of these PMs were deleted years ago
      3, although i'm not especially fussed, it would be cool if Delete, meant just that, not hidden from site but retrievable at a later date, especially when threads are deleted after a certain time,
      [Edited by Podge at 23:41 on 31/07/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • like the old forum, it would be nice if the sub forum went dark when there is a new post, not just the text. its difficult to spot when it changes
    •  PodgePodge
    • in the live dates section it would be nice if...

you could filter by city

if support band names were indexed so clicking on a band name brought up support slots as well as headline ones
    •  PodgePodge
    • it would be nice if...

in the reviews section you could could filter them by band name, not just date
    •  PodgePodge
    • at the end of the thread title when viewing posts i am given a link to edit the thread, but when i click i it it says access denied.

why have the link if i cant edit other people's threads?
      [Edited by Podge at 08:48 on 01/08/08]
    •  PodgePodge
    • i have edited mine but everyone else has lost their signatures, could this not have been brought across with the other information from the old site?

i'm of to bed now
    •  PodgePodge
    • i lied, off to bed in a mo

would be nice when after confirming that i want to delete a PM it takes me back to the PMs not the forums, added extra tooing and froing at the moment

Forums - General Chat - New Site