Menu

Forums - General Chat

Recently Watched

•  mikemike
    • I was a bit pissed off with the end when they are all fine with him and he's back telling jokes in the kitchen and the young lad is in prison, although I suppose it paints a picture of what might go on.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Nil By Mouth is an awesome film with a fabulous and realistic ending. Do you really think someone like that is likely to get what they deserve? Life is shit - fact.

Genius direction. You'll notice that there are no gratuitous depictions of violence. It's powerfull implied and to me that's so much more effective.

Gary Oldman is a legend!
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Into the Wild- great film...comes highly recommended.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I've been watching Hippies on DVD, it's unbelievably unfunny, which is odd, cos I remember chuckling a fair bit at the time.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • 90dayman says:

Saw that the other week. It's rather good. Pretty slow paced and odd in parts but, entertaining all the way through.

That preacher chap is well annoying, glad he got a kicking. The ending to There Will Be Blood is funny as hell.

Just watched through Spaced series 1 again, always a classic. Been watching some Arrested Development, Trailer Park Boys, new South Parks. Gotta get them new Assy Mcgee's, that show is hilarious.

"Gary Oldman is a legend!"

Watched The Firm, pretty good but not very engaging. You never feel for them 'ooligans.
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • Spongebob Series 1 - heavily indebted to Ren & Stimpy but still funnier than I remembered.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • OH, and I'm now going to watch the NHL playoff game from last night. It's beard growing season!

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/ducks.win.cup/images/niedermayer_getty.jpg
    •  mikemike
    • JenTheHen says:

Nil By Mouth is an awesome film with a fabulous and realistic ending. Do you really think someone like that is likely to get what they deserve? Life is shit - fact.

I just thought it was a shame, great film though.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

JenTheHen says:

Nil By Mouth is an awesome film with a fabulous and realistic ending. Do you really think someone like that is likely to get what they deserve? Life is shit - fact.

I just thought it was a shame, great film though.

I despise all those shitty fake ass happy ending films.
    •  mikemike
    • Still a shame, looking at it from a non-film point of view.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

Still a shame, looking at it from a non-film point of view.

But we're not looking at it from that point of view, are we?

Because it IS a film.
    •  mikemike
    • Well yeah, but its a reflection of real life as well surely? I'm saying its a shame that women end up with violent overgrown kids like Ray Winstones character in the film and people just forget things like domestic violence.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

Well yeah, but its a reflection of real life as well surely? I'm saying its a shame that women end up with violent overgrown kids like Ray Winstones character in the film and people just forget things like domestic violence.

Agreed. But if all the films in the word ended up all woman escapes fiendish brute, they wouldn't be remotely reflective of reality. And THAT would be a shame.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • happy gilmore.

i thought it was good.

fire down below.

it was powerful and made me think about the environment and shit.
    •  mikemike
    • I see, yeah! I know what you mean about the implied stuff, I was really nervous for Billy when he was poking around nicking things from Ray's flat, I just wanted him to get out before he got home, any film that can do that I respect. Same when they finally show how messed up Kathy Burke is after the violence the next day, shocking.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Yep, you never see the actual violence either, it's all obscured by the sofa. Good stuff.

Domestic violence makes me very sad.
    •  GarethGareth
    • JenTheHen says:

Yep, you never see the actual violence either, it's all obscured by the sofa. Good stuff.

Domestic violence makes me very sad.

Don't work at my place then, half the stuff that comes in has allegations of domestic violence. I'm an expert at drawing non-mol orders trying to protect people from it.
    •  bluseychrisbluseychris
    • The Darkness.

No hollywood ending there.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • The Apprentice.

Why, oh why, did I never watch this before?

Oh right yeah....because I knew I'd get 100% addicted.
    •  PodgePodge
    • is it worth watching all the little clips of beyond the rave, the new hammer horror thing that's being shown on myspace?

Forums - General Chat - Recently Watched