Menu

Forums - General Chat

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

•  mambamamba
    • Yeah, when I was looking to get one I was tempted to hunt around and pay that bit extra mostly for the backwards compatibility and extra usb slots etc but I'm glad I settled for the 40GB in the end. It's plenty big enough for my needs and I haven't had the urge to play a ps2 game since getting it. I've got my ps2 in the cupboard anyway if I want to.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • I didn't get a backwards one, wish I'd stumped up the cash as it doesn't feel right having to dig the old one out and - shock horror - have a controller with a lead to play ps2 games. I'm such a lazy bastard.

Mike, check out how much extra the separate 360 hard drives are... not sure if they've gone down in price. But otherwise I'd advise against the arcade pack. Tho if it's free, it's free.
    •  mikemike
    • I'll wait it out, I don't want to clutch at straws just to have a mediocre version if you get me? I'll save and get a proper kickass version and play it forever. I might have to stop reading stuff about the game though.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • With regards to the game, I'm a *little* disappointed with it. While it's great it's got a more serious in-depth story and looks awesome, it's lost some of it's sillyness. I've not found one jump yet, and there's no hidden packages...

Also the car handling is really hardwork.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Donny says:

...and there's no hidden packages...

WHAT! BLASPHEMY!
    •  GrymGrym
    • There's hidden pigeons instead of packages. 200 of them dotted around. If you hear pigeon sounds, have a look around for a pigeon with a glow to it and, once located, shoot it.

1 flying vermin down 199 to go.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Grym says:

There's hidden pigeons instead of packages. 200 of them dotted around. If you hear pigeon sounds, have a look around for a pigeon with a glow to it and, once located, shoot it.

1 flying vermin down 199 to go.

Really? that sounds ace! I fuckin hate pigeons.
    •  mikemike
    • Interesting fact, two games testers are former classmates of mine, Stephen McGagh and Ross Field, there we have it.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Me and Craig (ATM bassist) used to work at Sega testing dreamcast games for £5 an hour. While working there, Craig met and befriended Lee who used to be in Evil Knievel (with the blood island raiders lads) and then became Leevil.

Sorry I always drag this story out when people mention testers, terrible terrible job.
    •  mikemike
    • Wow cool, Steve McGagh is actually the head tester at Rockstar Games Lincoln and he was head tester for the last game they put out on PS2, Canis Canem Edit.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • mike says:

Interesting fact, two games testers are former classmates of mine, Stephen McGagh and Ross Field, there we have it.

Seriously? Sweet.
      Not seen ross for years but now he's married (or at least engaged last I heard) with a kid. And you thought I was getting old buying a house lol
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Is San Andreas like the best game of all time, totally? Dudes?
    •  slomoslomo
    • Ben says:

slomo says:

I hate these games.

That's not what I remember round yours when Vice City came out :)

I dont play vice city games. It has been at our old house, but aint my games.

Anything with spaceships or Wipeout type things is my bag.

Raping aint my bag? Lets play a new computer game called 'RAPE WOMEN!' YAAY!!!!!

Somethings do need banning though to be fair. If you market an idea for long enough, people buy into it.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Its not very rapey GTA is it? More sex with prostitutes I thought. Not necessarily to be applauded morally but hey. Kids gotta learn! Will they be disappointed when they find out their first shag hasnt got pixellated false tits though?
    •  CareyCarey
    • i don't remember any raping. you certainly didn't get any points for it.

was there raping in fable if you were the evil dude?

and i still disagree with banning things as a concept. censorship is a dangerous thing.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Played a bit of GTA IV at my mate's today. Best bit was going to the safe house and watchin TV. That shit was really funny. It has Ricky Gervaise doing stand-up :O
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Aye, that Bas Rutten skit is funny as fuck. Brilliant game.

Forums - General Chat - GRAND THEFT AUTO IV