Menu

Forums - General Chat

July Recently Watched Thread

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • mike says:

Went to see The Dark Knight today, fucking brilliant, Heath Ledger is really good, funny, evil, he really is the star regardless of his death overshadowing the whole thing.

The whole thing was also alot darker than Batman Begins, hard to believe but true!

Go and watch it if you liked the first one.

Why didn't you take me? You probably went to Odeon though. Errgh...

I think I'll wait for it at the Showroom.

Last night I watched 8Mile. Why did I do that???
    •  PodgePodge
    • i saw 8 mile in Australia, i also saw crossroads there.

i also like the odeon as no one ever goes there so you often end up with a whole cinema to your self. last time i was at the showroom the guy got up next to me 3 times to have a fag in 1 film.
    •  mikemike
    • JenTheHen says:

Why didn't you take me? You probably went to Odeon though. Errgh...

Sorry, didn't know you wanted to see it, but Linda is a comic book fan so she insisted we go, wasn't really cinema weather but they had the air conditioning on really high so it was awesome, only about 10-15 people there anyway.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • mike says:

Went to see The Dark Knight today, fucking brilliant, Heath Ledger is really good, funny, evil, he really is the star regardless of his death overshadowing the whole thing.

The whole thing was also alot darker than Batman Begins, hard to believe but true!

Go and watch it if you liked the first one.

I saw this yesteday hanging out of my arse and it was brilliant!! Mr Ledger definitely stole the show.... a proper psycho... loved his maniacal dressed up as a nurse section, he played a loon spot on. pretty much gonna have to go see it again
    •  CareyCarey
    • Rosemary's Baby.

and loads of stuff on 4OD.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • ultimatekev says:

I watched ' Requiem for a Dream ' for the first time and I just have to say...what absolute BOLLOCKS.
      soppy American crap.
      Have the makers of this film ever seen a drug addict?
      I can tell them now that , for a start , they have less than perfect skin and teeth and dont buy heroin from the back of a lorry in a supermarket.
      My job means I have lots of spare time to watch films. I dont own many films or particularly like them but, if enough people want me to , I will start a regular film review thread.

Sorry is this not the regular film thread? Anyway just to say, RFOD is a bit crud apart from the mum's comedy performance, it's all a bit more flash and flip than it wants to be though...

What about 10 fave films in a crushingly obvious list way? I can never watch em cos the wife has seen them all apparently, so excuse me while I reminisce

(Obvious but genius, all)

Star Wars 1
      The Wicker Man
      Apocalypse Now
      Withnail and I
      2001 A Space Odyssey
      An American Werewolf In London
      Ring
      Back to the Future
      Babe
      Deliverance

•  PetePete
    • quote:
      Star Wars 1

The Phantom Menace????

quote:
      Babe

So, I'm not the only one...

My fave film is Crocodile Dundee 2

maybe also on the list...
      Flash Gordon
      Naked Gun
      Millers Crossing
      Usual Suspects
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • NO NONO NO NO sorry should have said IV, although I don't mind Phantom Menace, well not as much as syphilis
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I've been watching a Something Awful "Let's Play" of Jurassic Park:Trespasser
      This is an old computer game from '98 that tried to redefine first person shooters by allowing you to control your arm/wrist instead of it just holding a gun like in regular fps's
      It's funny cos of how broken the game was upon release and how awkward they made the controls and the guys comentary is spot on.
      There are many more videos as its split into levels. I'm only up to part 5 thus far.

I remember having the demo back then and how buggy it was and hard to control, It's nice to see it played through witout the frustration of me doing the playing ;)

Yes, I am a nerd.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • I tried watching Son of Rambow last night. It was ok but, I fell asleep. I think I should start rating films on how long it takes me to fall asllep. The longer i'm awake the better. If I manage the whole thing it's a classic. :O
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • The Dark Knight.

Awesomeness.

Agreed about Heath Ledger, truly stole the show.

I would still let Gary Oldman do anything he wished to me, even with that 'tache.

http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages01/bb_102GaryOldman.jpg
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Also, check out Cillian Murphy in a cardigan...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/leatherlipstick/murphy_HG0031478_400.jpg

Beautiful!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I just got back from seeing "The Dark Knight"
      I must say I was expecting Heath Ledgers performance to be average and all the hype about it being amazing was just cos of his death.
      I must say I was proven wrong and then some cos he made that role his own and played it brilliantly.
      The little ticks he was putting in were just perfect
      Well deserved of a posthumous Oscar (if they can do that) imo
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • The bit where we was asking the cop how many of his friends he'd killed and was informed it was six.

When he responded with "Six?", the way he did it was perfect.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • JenTheHen says:

The bit where we was asking the cop how many of his friends he'd killed and was informed it was six.

He did play a nutjob perfectly... the whole bit when he was dressed as a nurse had me in stitches... just bumbling along in his own crazy world...

now watching - Flight of the Conchords
    •  mikemike
    • I liked the bit where he was walking out of the hospital with the detonator, and it hadn't worked and he just started clicking it like you do with a broken remote, then BANG.

I reckon he was the lead to be honest, Batman seemed to be a secondary character in this one, Bruce Wayne/Harvey Dent was featured more than Batman was I think.

Two-face was well done as well, they could have made him have a silly voice and temprement like in the cartoons but they just had him as damaged.

One thing i didn't get, when Gordon dies, is there anything to point that he isnt actually dead? He just appears again and his wife slaps him.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Th@ Guy says:

JenTheHen says:

The bit where we was asking the cop how many of his friends he'd killed and was informed it was six.

He did play a nutjob perfectly... the whole bit when he was dressed as a nurse had me in stitches... just bumbling along in his own crazy world...

now watching - Flight of the Conchords

Flight Of The Conchords is amazing. The David Bowie dream sequence is hilarious!

And The Dark Knight is incredible too. Going to see it again tonight.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I need to watch Batman Begins before I cave to the Heath Ledger hype.

X-Files 2 all the way for me personally.
    •  mikemike
    • Batman Begins is about as good I'd say, a real backstory to how Batman comes about, really good. The thing in that with the water converter thing was stupid though.

Anyone think that the start of The Dark Knight was a bit 60s Batman? tying up the scarecrow and the batman impersonators?
    •  CareyCarey
    • mike says:

Anyone think that the start of The Dark Knight was a bit 60s Batman? tying up the scarecrow and the batman impersonators?

too busy hyperventilating at the unexpected sight of cillian murphy to notice... :P

Forums - General Chat - July Recently Watched Thread