Menu

Forums - General Chat

July Recently Watched Thread

•  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Top Gear. One of the funniest in ages.

"The new Fiat Recently Divorced Dad - the sat-nav only goes to the zoo"
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • You are correct.

There's that, Hudsucker Proxy (worth checking out?) and Intolerable Cruelty (prob not worth checking out) that I haven't seen as yet.

Just been reading up about a new one they're releasing soon, Burn After Reading

Could be good.
    •  CareyCarey
    • i really hated the hudsucker proxy. not as much as i hated barton fink though.

i've not seen intolerable cruelty either.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Aye, Barton Fink is a hard watch. I know everyone's going to totally disagree with me, but I found that with Fargo too. It never clicked with me and that meant I found it a really grinding film and couldn't wait for the end.

I've been recommended to give Fargo another chance. One of my fave Coen films - gotta be Raising Arizona
    •  PetePete
    • I saw Barton Fink tother day, liked it. Also saw The Man Who Wasn't There, again, good in it's feel if not necessarily the story itself. Really disliked THP as well though.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I read that as bat fink.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • I love the Coens films.... No Country For Old Men was a definite return to form after the pretty damn awful Intolerable Cruelty........ Favourites got to be either Fargo or Big Lebowski though..... Miller's Crossing is awesome but i've only seen that once so probably needs a re watch
    •  noonenoone
    • Th@ Guy says:

I love the Coens films...

dude you cant use that word in this day and age it's derogatory to black people.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • ultimatekev says:

Th@ Guy says:

I love the Coens films...

dude you cant use that word in this day and age it's derogatory to black people.

ahhh come on... im from a time when racism was ok.... you know before all this political correctness gone mad nonsense.
    •  GarethGareth
    • This worth getting Coen-wise? Only seen Fargo of the 3.
    •  PetePete
    • Yes.

Just watched No Country for Old Men.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I realised I lied and have in fact seen Raising Arizona as well. I'll buy the set for Holly Hunter alone.

You enjoy it Pete?
    •  PetePete
    • Kinda... I was half a sleep, so feel I may have missed something (although that may just be the nature of the film) but I did enjoy it while watching it.

Buy that pack for MC - still my fave Coen Bros film
    •  mikemike
    • I tried to watch Dr No (vocal chords) today but it just wasn't happening.

Got in from seeing a mate just now and caught a really funny Steve Martin film called The Lonely Guy, bit of an Airplane-like spoof, well good.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Watched a film called 'The Wackness' last night. It's about a drug dealing kid in 90s New York and his shrink. Pretty good.
    •  PetePete
    • Tonight: Pulp Fiction

Last night: Walk the Line (enjoyed it)
    •  GarethGareth
    • Fargo. Great film.
    •  noonenoone
    • Gareth says:

Fargo. Great film.

I concur and I don't even like films.
    •  mikemike
    • Went to see The Dark Knight today, fucking brilliant, Heath Ledger is really good, funny, evil, he really is the star regardless of his death overshadowing the whole thing.

The whole thing was also alot darker than Batman Begins, hard to believe but true!

Go and watch it if you liked the first one.

Forums - General Chat - July Recently Watched Thread