Menu

Forums - General Chat

July Recently Watched Thread

•  LaddethLaddeth
    • The angels thing is speculated to be the angel of death.
      Hence why one is "dragging" the guy out the window when he's actually falling no doubt.
      I'm gonna assume the first games story seeing as it introduces the loss of his family and Mona Sax is in it.
      I really should replay the games, they were fucking brilliant.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • I'm drinking wine and watching Fight Club. I've not seen it for ages. What an ace movie!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • 90dayman says:

I'm drinking wine and watching Fight Club. I've not seen it for ages. What an ace movie!

Yup. I always think it's a bit of a cop out when an ace, original film is based on a book. Apart from A Cock And Bull Story which is and isn't.
    •  noonenoone
    • Cock and Bull story is a great book , I didn't realize there was a film of the same name.
      It looks gash. Another one for Coogan's ' shit films I have been in ' portfolio.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Ghostbusters
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • ultimatekev says:

It looks gash. Another one for Coogan's ' shit films I have been in ' portfolio.

I went to see that at the cinema with a mate. It wasnt to bad tbh, a couple of good one liners by Rob Brydon ("I'M SPARTICUS") but on the whole watchable i spose.
      There was only me, my mate and 4 chavs in the cinema. By the end though, it was just me and my mate.

You watching ghostbusters after finding out about the Ghostbusters game thats coming out soon Wez?
      The story's written by Dan Acroyd and the guy that played Winston just like the original films and looks like it could be good.
      Proof is in the pudding though. Like most games.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Laddeth says:

ultimatekev says:

I went to see that at the cinema with a mate. It wasnt to bad tbh, a couple of good one liners by Rob Brydon ("I'M SPARTICUS") but on the whole watchable i spose.
      There was only me, my mate and 4 chavs in the cinema. By the end though, it was just me and my mate.

You watching ghostbusters after finding out about the Ghostbusters game thats coming out soon Wez?
      The story's written by Dan Acroyd and the guy that played Winston just like the original films and looks like it could be good.
      Proof is in the pudding though. Like most games.

I was watching Ghostbusters cos I was bored as fuck, flicking through SKY channels and saw that it was on. Didn't know there was a game coming out!!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Yep game is in production, wont be ready till next year though and you'll need a supercomputer to play it I should imagine. Or a 360 or ps3.

Pulp Fiction was on last night. As usual I mised the first half an hour but still awesome.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Yeah I saw Pulp Fiction n'all! Excellent film!
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • I well watched Lock Stock last night..... great film.... i still reckon Snatch just edges it though
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Th@ Guy says:

I well watched Lock Stock last night..... great film.... i still reckon Snatch just edges it though

Wrong.

Although Snatch is still a pretty good film.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • i could never decide. the pikey stuff is hilarious, but lock stock ftw.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • Laddeth says:

Th@ Guy says:

I well watched Lock Stock last night..... great film.... i still reckon Snatch just edges it though

Wrong.

Although Snatch is still a pretty good film.

Sorry mate i just checked and i am in fact right..... turns out that Snatch is better.... its funnier and less Tarantino baiting
    •  noonenoone
    • both have aged very badly but Lock, Stock FTW most definitely.
      Bank Job was actually OK as well I thought, whilst were in the niche.
    •  PetePete
    • I think Snatch is dump, but there you go.

Last night I watched The Vikings, and started watching Bram Stoker's Dracula before falling asleep.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Wanted. Ok. Bit silly. Got bored and didn't care how it ended so turned it off.

Kung Fu Panda. Quite good.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Actually really liked it and found it rather funny. Having Mila Kunis in it helped a lot I think. :lips:
    •  PetePete
    • Started watching Miller's Crossing again tonight, which I taped recently. One of my fave films ever, it's not necessarily the plot or acting or anything, more the feel that the Coens create.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Is Millers Crossing a quite slow Western with a murder plot in it? Or am I thinking of the wrong Coen Bros film?

It may be the only film of theirs I haven't seen.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Tino Insana says:

Is Millers Crossing a quite slow Western with a murder plot in it? Or am I thinking of the wrong Coen Bros film?

It may be the only film of theirs I haven't seen.

it's a prohibition era gangster film.

one of their best.

i think you may be thinking of blood simple?

Forums - General Chat - July Recently Watched Thread