Menu

Forums - General Chat

July Recently Watched Thread

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • The Wire

Pretty much constantly.

Three series in as many weeks.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • Me 2! Just finished season 2! love it! where are you at?
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Halfway through 3. I've watched 5 episodes. It's getting better script-wise but I still love the first series the best!!
    •  EggyEggy
    • Needed a break from Black books, so tonight i watched Dylan Moran 'monster'. I love his totally random descriptions.
    •  noonenoone
    • watched the first half hour of No Country for Old Men seen as everybody is banging on about it. Didn't like it and everybody mumbled their lines so quietly I couldn't hear and I just got annoyed and turned it off.
      Films are overrated, doubt they'll catch on.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Eggy says:

Needed a break from Black books, so tonight i watched Dylan Moran 'monster'. I love his totally random descriptions.

Seeing him in November. Not so keen on the second DVD he did, but Monster is brilliant.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I've not seen the 2nd one.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • ultimatekev says:

watched the first half hour of No Country for Old Men seen as everybody is banging on about it. Didn't like it and everybody mumbled their lines so quietly I couldn't hear and I just got annoyed and turned it off.
      Films are overrated, doubt they'll catch on.

No!!! I only saw at the cinema and missed the first couple of minutes but it was fantastic..... so incredibly tense, the complete lack of non-diegetic sound only added to this... plus whatever the bad guys name is.... he was wicked

Eggy/Rob Himself - Monster is amazing, i saw the first 10 minutes of his latest one and fell asleep so that doesnt really say much... that description of the black mangy cat on the cast iron bed is absolutely hilarious
    •  EggyEggy
    • Just been looking at the rating on amazon for the new un. Sounds average at best, quite short and mainly material from monster.

I have just bought the first series of Red Dwarf.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Th@ Guy says:

non-diegetic sound

You're not in a film studies seminar now love!

Kev doesn't like films other than Kes. It disappoints me but I've come to accept it.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Last night I watched Black Hawk Down for the first time in years. I love that film, simply because you can tell Americans will have an entirely different experience of it to anyone else in the world. And because Orlando Bloom falls out of a helicopter.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • JenTheHen says:

Th@ Guy says:

non-diegetic sound

You're not in a film studies seminar now love!

Kev doesn't like films other than Kes. It disappoints me but I've come to accept it.

Sorry about that *removes head from arse*

well if hes a Kes fan then he should try the wonders of Shane Meadows.....
    •  GarethGareth
    • bluseychris says:

Criminal Justice.

Starring Podge.
    •  EggyEggy
    • Black books series 2.
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Hancock and now the never ending Nadal vs Federer match!
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • I watched Hancock last night too. It's not bad. Didn't see the twist coming at all but, there was barely any point to the whole story really. Or at least the movie failed to convey it properly. It was funny though.

The Nadal - vs - Federer match was fucking epic. The best Wimbledon final I can remember watching. :O:cool:
    •  EggyEggy
    • I watched the highlights of the F1 last night. Then Kingpin.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I also watched about an hour of The Haunting last night. As soon as i put it on the line "Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen" was said. I always wondered what film that was from, but never found out.
    •  PetePete
    • On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I'm not a massive Bond fan, I hate soppy films, but the end of this film is done perfectly, it makes me sob every time. The fact that it is Bond in a way makes it more poignant. And the way he doesn't really cope with his wife's death, not going after her killer, instead almost denying it, "she's having a rest" and of course "we have all the time in the world", makes it creepily touching. The awkwardness of it - the way he reacts - they wouldn't make that film like that nowadays, and as such it is a suprisingly beautiful bit of film.

Forums - General Chat - July Recently Watched Thread