Menu

Forums - General Chat

July Recently Watched Thread

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Carey says:

mike says:

Anyone think that the start of The Dark Knight was a bit 60s Batman? tying up the scarecrow and the batman impersonators?

too busy hyperventilating at the unexpected sight of cillian murphy to notice... :P

Me too. That was a beautiful cinematic moment!
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • Th@ Guy says:

JenTheHen says:

The bit where we was asking the cop how many of his friends he'd killed and was informed it was six.

When he responded with "Six?", the way he did it was perfect.

He did play a nutjob perfectly... the whole bit when he was dressed as a nurse had me in stitches... just bumbling along in his own crazy world...

now watching - Flight of the Conchords

yeah i loved the nurse bit too, & when the remote doesnt quite work propelry . truly great film. not quite as good as begins, but not too far off.
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • Wez TDJ says:

Th@ Guy says:

JenTheHen says:

The bit where we was asking the cop how many of his friends he'd killed and was informed it was six.

When he responded with "Six?", the way he did it was perfect.

He did play a nutjob perfectly... the whole bit when he was dressed as a nurse had me in stitches... just bumbling along in his own crazy world...

now watching - Flight of the Conchords

Flight Of The Conchords is amazing. The David Bowie dream sequence is hilarious!

And The Dark Knight is incredible too. Going to see it again tonight.

Yeah i really want to go see it again..
      Flight of the Conchords is indeed awesome... i keep getting told that i look like Brett..... dunno if thats a good or bad thing.....

I am a big fan of the acid episode and the songs "I'm Not Crying" and "Sellotape" they are amazing... although the on tour episode despite having probably the weakest songs in it is genius just for the accidental rock and roll cliches..... LOVE IT
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • I recently watched This Is England, A Scanner Darkly & The Science of Sleep.
      One awesome, one average and one I am yet to fully decide on.

I want to see The Dark Knight now. Alas, zero money.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • I'm still cracking through the Wire- 2 episodes left of season 4- best yet in my book!!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • mike says:

One thing i didn't get, when Gordon dies, is there anything to point that he isnt actually dead? He just appears again and his wife slaps him.

Did you fall asleep during the armoured car chase?
      SPOILER FOLLOWS IN
      He was the driver of it cos he'd faked his own death to get the joker.

I still need to watch Begins as I only saw it when I was in Spain and it was in (surprisingly) Spanish.

I'm currently downloading all 4 series of the cartoon series (which is awesome) and the new cartoon series (that is apprently awesome)
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah I got that but theres no explanation, one minute he is lying dead and they are telling his wife, the next second, he's just getting out that car!
    •  mikemike
    • Mark Montana says:

Wall-E

Its brilliant.

I want to see this too.
    •  MORRELLMORRELL
    • wall- E is quality!! I was pretty stoned when i saw it- it blew my tiny mind!!

Finished wire season 4 last night- amazing!!!!!!!
    •  PetePete
    • Started watching Skins series 1 - hadn't seen any before last night - for free on 4od.

Also watched Nathan Barley again, to give it another go. Last time I watched one episode, thought it was dire, stopped.

this time..

Episode 1 - bit better than i remember, so I watched...
      Episode 2 - worse than than the first episode first time round.

Maybe in a year i'll make it to episode 3.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • the new batman......its fucking brilliant.....honestly i could watch it again right now. its such a good film...great plot
    •  Th@ GuyTh@ Guy
    • Pete says:

Started watching Skins series 1 - hadn't seen any before last night - for free on 4od.

Also watched Nathan Barley again, to give it another go. Last time I watched one episode, thought it was dire, stopped.

this time..

Episode 1 - bit better than i remember, so I watched...
      Episode 2 - worse than than the first episode first time round.

Maybe in a year i'll make it to episode 3.

Skins first series was quality aside from one episode which was just ridiculous.... the episode around Chris the pillhead made me piss myself which was a habit i thought i had grown out of.

I know what you mean about Nathan Barley.... i thought it was average the first time i watched and i also thought it was a snub by Chris Morris to his fans as the main character is constantly misunderstood by his 'fans' and he thinks they are nothing but idiots.... which i thought was definitely annoying.. but then i sessioned the whole season in one night a few months back and loved it.... there are some great moments and lines in it. plenty of Morrisisms

Forums - General Chat - July Recently Watched Thread